The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. Our Nipple Shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
Available with a round or triangle base, the Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield allows all mums to experience the beauty of breastfeeding without the worry of discomfort and pain! The round base is larger and suctions on more easily, making it more suited for those who are new to using nipple shields. The triangle base is smaller, but allows for more skin-to-skin contact, making it more suited for those who are more experienced with using nipple shields.
We offer two teat shapes: the orthodontic teat and the nipple teat. The orthodontic teat is thumb-shaped to replicate the shape of a mother's nipple during breastfeeding, making it more readily accepted by your baby. The nipple teat replicates the silicone teat of a baby bottle and is better suited to help your baby transition from breast to bottle.
Our Orthodontic Breastfeeding Nipple Shields have an opening that's 28mm in diameter and our Bottle Breastfeeding Nipple Shields have an opening that's 23mm in diameter for your nipple.
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shields as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore.”
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges for mould or bacteria to harbour.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Variable flow teat allows baby to drink continuously and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Dishwasher and microwave sterilizer safe.
Includes one shield and a protective case for storage.
How To Use the Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield:
1. Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
2. Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple and return the base to its original position.
3. Release your grip on the chamber and you will feel light suction.
4. You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until the shield is comfortable.
5. Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Top Tip: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.
Wash before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. Instead, we recommend using the Haaka Dish Soap. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Children can choke on small objects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Excessive stretching may cause tearing.
This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples, and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed.
We are happy for you to return or exchange your garment as per our terms and conditions set out below.
* 30 Day Refunds or Exchanges
* No refunds on Sale Items, Undergarments, Swimwear or Pantyhose.
* We do accommodate the exchange of bra sizes and sale items provided the items returned pass a full inspection.
We do not offer free returns.
Both the original and return postage costs remain the responsibility of the purchaser.
When your return/exchange is processed we will retain or refund postage as required to ensure your purchase was charged the correct shipping cost including covering the cost of exchange postage.
If all items are returned actual postage costs incurred by Preggi Central for your order will be deducted from your refund.
For full details and to request a return: Click here
All orders are packaged and lodged at the post office within 1-2 business days from when you placed your order. We pack and fulfil our orders using Australia Post services, please check their website for latest updates on delivery estimates. https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/delivery-speeds-and-coverage
Standard - Order Under $180 - $11
Standard - Orders Over $180 - Free
Express - Flat rate $15
Standard - Flat rate $12 AUD
Express - Flat rate $20 AUD
SG, UK, USA and Canada
Standard - Flat rate $25 AUD
Express - Flat rate $40 AUD
*We do not offer free return shipping
*Please keep Covid shipping delays in mind when making your purchase
For full shipping details: click here
Send us an email
Click to text:+61 410 705 085
Click to call: +61 3 8759 3545
Customer service hours
Monday to Saturday
9:30am to 5:00pm
Pickup available at Frankston
During business hours - usually ready in 2 hours
Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield
22 Wells Street
Frankston VIC 3199