Tens Hire T&C's
TENS HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to hire an Elle TENS unit through Preggi Central.
The following terms and conditions apply to all Elle TENS hire arrangements with Preggi Central. The terms “You” and “Your” refer to you as the hirer. The term “We” and "Our" refers to Preggi Central Stores Pty Ltd.
- We will use best endeavours to make available an Elle TENS unit to you on your preferred hire dates subject to your prepayment of the relevant hire fee and bond. The unit will be supplied in good working order, with new electrode pads, and ready for use.
- The Elle TENS unit remains Our property at all times except when the TENS unit is purchased in full.
- Once your booking is confirmed by Us, We agree to supply You with an Elle TENS unit on the understanding that it will only be used by the person whose name appears on the booking form and is not transferable between individuals. If We become aware that you have loaned the Elle TENS unit to a third party during your hire term, an additional hire fee for the same duration as your original hire duration will be charged.
- You must discuss the use of an Elle TENS machine with your health care provider to confirm that an Elle TENS machine is appropriate for use during Your labour. Always seek your health care professional's advice with regard to your personal health issues and medical care.
- You can request us to extend the duration of your hire arrangement by contacting us at any time prior to the expiration of the hire period. Subject to availability, We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request for an extension of time subject to payment of the relevant fees to cover the extended term, and provided the total hire period does not exceed 10 weeks in total. The minimum fee to extend Your hire period is the fee applicable to a 2 week hire term.
- The Elle TENS unit must only be used according to it standard operating instructions which are contained with the unit, or can be downloaded online.
- We do not warrant that the Elle TENS will achieve any level of pain relief. The effectiveness of the Elle TENS for You is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- You must read and understand the precautions (detailed below) regarding the use of Elle TENS. Elle TENS should not be used by anyone suffering from epilepsy, fitted with a cardiac pacemaker or who suffers from (or is suspected of suffering from) heart disease.
- You agree to return the Elle TENS unit and all accessories to Us in the same condition it was received on or before the expiration of the hire period. You do not need to return the electrodes as these are for your individual use.
- If for any reason you are unable to return the Elle TENS unit by the last day of the hire period We may, at our option:
(a) Charge the replacement value of the Elle TENS unit, including all accessories supplied with the unit; or
(b) Charge an additional 2 week hire period.
- You are responsible for returning the Elle TENS unit (with all accessories, and in the same condition it was received) to Preggi Central, either in person, or using the pre-addressed, pre—paid satchel supplied (if You requested and paid for one). You are responsible for the risk of loss or damage to the Elle TENS unit (including damage or loss during transit) until it is returned to Us.
- A $100 bond is payable at the time of hiring. The bond will be refunded when the Elle TENS unit is returned in full working order, in the same condition it was in when it was sent to you. The bond will be forfeited if the Elle TENS unit is lost, damaged or, or any core component of the unit is not returned. If the bond does not cover the replacement cost of the unit, you will pay to Us, upon request, the balance of the replacement cost of the unit.
- Wemay deduct from the bond the cost of replacing any components that are not returned with the unit, and any additional fees that are payable to Us under these terms, including additional fees payable under sections 3 and 10.
- It is Your responsibility to check the contents of the hire package upon receipt and familiarise Yourself with the Elle TENS machine and user instructions. Additional instructions are available on the manufacturer's website. You must advise Us of any problems whatsoever immediately.
- If you choose to cancel the hire arrangement after your booking has been confirmed We will refund any money paid by You, less an administration fee of $10. Unfortunately we are unable to provide You with a refund if you cancel your hire arrangement after the Elle TENS unit has been dispatched to You, unless we are required to do so by law.
- If for any reason you choose not to use your Elle TENS unit during the hire period, no refund will be provided. The decision to use or not use the Elle TENS unit is entirely at your discretion.
- By hiring an Elle TENS unit from Us you agree to release, indemnify and hold Us, our employees, agents and contractors harmless from all liability arising from or relating to the use of the TENS unit and associated equipment either hired or purchased from Us, including any liability for negligence.
- To the extent permitted by law, Our entire liability to You (including but not limited to liability for breach of contract and liability in tort, including negligence) for any loss, cost, damage or expense suffered or incurred in any way connected with this agreement or Your use of the Elle TENS unit, will not exceed the hire charge paid by You.
- With the exception of warranties that cannot be excluded by law, Preggi Central excludes all warranties, whether they be express or implied, in relation to the Elle TENS unit and our hire service, with the exception of warranties that cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permissible, in the event of a breach of any implied warranty that cannot be excluded, Preggi Central’s entire liability will be limited, at its option, to providing a refund, or resupplying the hire service.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of Victoria, Australia.
- Preggi Central reserves the right to alter Terms and Conditions of hire without prior notice.
- By proceeding with the hire arrangement you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including the special conditions and precautions outlined below.
The following represent some of the safety precautions for using your Elle TENS unit, but you must read the documentation enclosed with the unit fully before using the Elle TENS unit for the first time.
Do NOT use the Elle TENS unit:
- For labour until week 37 (full term).
- On the abdomen at any time during pregnancy or labour.
- If you have a heart pace-maker.
- If you have, or have ever had, a heart rhythm problem.
- If you are suffering from acute feverish conditions.
- If you are suffering from infectious diseases or tumours.
- When driving, cycling or operating machinery.
- If you have, or have had, epilepsy, without your doctor’s consent
Pads should NOT be placed:
- On the abdomen at any time during pregnancy or labour (refer to the booklet for placement of the pads).
- On the carotid sinuses located at the front of the neck.
- Over the eyes.
- Cross-cranially, i.e. across both temples at the same time.
- On broken skin.
- On areas where normal sensation is absent.
- Do not immerse the Elle TENS in water.
- Do not place the Elle TENS close to excessive heat.
- Do not attempt to open the Elle TENS unit (other than the battery compartment).
- Do not use anything other than the specified batteries.
- Keep the Elle TENS away from sources of high magnetic fields such as TVs, microwave ovens and hi-fi speakers as magnetic fields may affect the LCD display, but not the working of the unit.